Friday, March 8, 2013

Digging Deep

There are days that we will struggle with temptation, with cravings, with our emotions that lead to not so healthy choices. I struggle everyday. I don't want anyone to think I come on here pretending I am perfect because I am FAR from it. ♥ What has helped me with these struggles (and I don't always win the fight) is stopping for a second and thinking of how far I have come. Even though my journey has just started and I have a long way to go.Think about how you feel now compared to before you started your journey. Feel those days where you felt like you could take on anything and you were on top of the world! KNOW those days will start coming more frequently :) Think of and picture yourself at your goal, how will you feel then. Set small goals (steps) and continue to climb them. Don't let anyone or anything push you down those steps! Hold on to the rail and keep climbing! If you need someone to stand behind you and push you reach out and ask for help ♥ Don't be ashamed! Don't let anything stop you from reaching your goals. Sit back and think of why you started, why you decided to do it. I have started making a motivation collage. This will be hanging in my room, for those days I lay in bed fighting with myself just to get out of bed. This journey will be a bumpy road. But don't take your eye off the mile markers along that road, don't take your eye off the destination. When we hit those bumps we have 2 choices. Are you going to let that bump stop you in place and make you come to a halt. Which in turn will make it harder to overcome that bump. Or are you going to stay focused and just cruise right over that bump? The more times we fight or inner demons and over come small goals, the easier it will be to conquer the next one. When we conquer these goals, we are showing ourselves how much self worth we have and start having more faith in our choices and actions. I needed to write this because I have been having a hard time myself and I got off track last month. I turned that bad day into a bad week then into a bad month. Could I have quit? Of course I could have. Did I quit? No I didn't! I had to take time to figure out what was going on in my head and why my I was letting the negativity win. Now I am back and fighting with my fists up! This month I will prove to myself how much of a fighter I am! Let your inner fighter out and push yourself ♥ I feel amazing today, this is one of those moments I will use when I am feeling down, like I can't fight anymore. I will think back to right now and just remember how amazing I feel, and know I will feel that way again soon ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment